Are you passionate about children’s books?
We are looking for an editor to join our motivated team. This highly desirable editorial role would suit an established editor with a minimum of three years’ experience.
We are currently working remotely with a view to getting back into our Fulham offices once it is safe to do so. All interviews will be conducted via video.
· Manage the production of a variety of titles including board books, picture books and middle grade fiction, through the design and production process
· Editing tasks including structural editing, copy-editing and proofreading
· Work across our three lists: New Frontier, Catch a Star and Little Steps
· Work closely with the design team offering editorial support, reporting directly to the Publisher.
· Write creative briefs, cover copy and advanced information copy
· Prioritise your work to meet schedules, deadlines and budget requirements
· Work closely with authors and agents developing and maintaining good relationships
· Solid experience in editing children’s books
· A passion, and understanding of the children’s book market, from board books to middle grade fiction
The ideal candidate will be someone who is comfortable working independently, as well as playing a leading role. You’ll need to be highly organised with a natural enthusiasm for resolving problems whilst staying calm under pressure.
The successful candidate will have excellent copy editing skills with an eye for detail and a ‘can do’ attitude. This is a full-time role for an all-rounder inspired by children’s books, and keen to make a valuable contribution to our book lists.
For further information, please email a CV, cover letter and salary expectation to:
Contact: Sophia Whitfield Closing date: Friday, November 27